Sunday, August 9, 2015

We're Trying a New Church Today

I was raised in the Catholic Church.  I went to private, Catholic school from preschool through high school then attended a private, Jesuit college.  Faith has always been very important to me, but as I grew up, I struggled to be inspired by the rigid structure of the Catholic Church, and had issues with some of the firm stances of the Church opposed to more liberal lifestyles.

I still go to mass, but it's not because I want to - it's more out of obligation and tradition, and to please my family.  I still attend the same church I did when I was a little girl, as do my parents, but I don't call it 'My Parish.'

I've attended a few other Catholic churches in the last few years with my husband, and even a Lutheran church, but nothing has spoken to me, or has called me back.

Unfortunately, as mass becomes more of a chore, I find less and less time for it.

This morning, I can say I am actually excited to experience something new.  My husband and I are trying a non-demonational church we found (we found? or was brought to us?) this morning.  I'm looking to be inspired, and I hope I find what I've been looking for.


No comments:

Post a Comment