Saturday, December 29, 2012

BMI Chart Female - My New Year's Resolution: BMI of 24

The BMI chart for women is actually the same as the BMI chart for men.
You can see the full chart here: http://bmi.emedtv.com/bmi/bmi-chart-for-women.html

BMI (Body Mass Index) is a mathematical formula that takes in account a person's body weight and height to calculate if you are underweight, normal, overweight, or obese by average standards.

I've been 'overweight' for as long as I can remember (BMI of 25+).  I hit the 'normal' range for my wedding and honeymoon with a lot of work, but post-wedding definitely went back to my bad habits (some of my favorites being pizza with ranch dressing, McDonald's Filet-o-Fish sandwiches, and my work cafeteria tuna salad wraps - yum yum!).

For New Year's, I (along with the majority of other resolution-makers) am promising myself a new lifestyle to reach a normal weight range, according to the BMI chart:

I have always had selfish reasons in mind for other starts to this healthy lifestyle - vanity mostly.  This time, I want to start a new lifestyle for my husband (he is so great, he really deserves a hot wife), and for a future family (evidently, being out of the 'normal' range hinders your ability to conceive).



I also think that this blog might help me succeed - being publicly accountable.  Finger's crossed, anyways.  Wish me luck - and Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment